Keep Up With Campus Activities
UGA-Griffin Student Advisory Council
The Student Advisory Council (SAC) is the student organization on the UGA Griffin Campus which initiates and facilitates student activities. The purpose of SAC is (1) to add value to students' lives and (2) to build, stimulate, and maintain community on the UGA Griffin Campus. The core values of SAC are Integrity, Support, and Leadership.
Chrystal McDowell, Assistant Director of Student Affairs, serves as the organization's advisor. Students who are interested in joining SAC should fill out a UGA-Griffin Student Advisory Council Application.
For more information, contact Chrystal McDowell at (770) 412-4096 or email@example.com.
2019-2020 UGA-Griffin Student Advisory Council
- Ikechukwu Oguadinma (President); Food Science (MS) Griffin, GA
- Sheridan Brewer (Vice President); Food Science (MS) Griffin, GA
- Pin-Chu Lai (Member); Entomology (PhD) Griffin, GA
- Alexander Studebaker (Member); Microbiology (BS) Conyers, GA
- Unalo Hinson (Member); Interdisciplinary Studies/Psychology (AB) Griffin, GA
UGA Griffin Ambassadors
Opportunities for student development are available on UGA's Griffin Campus.
In spring 2009, the UGA Griffin Ambassadors organization was formed. Undergraduate and graduate students are selected annually to serve as official hosts and goodwill ambassadors for campus and community events.
The Ambassadors welcome university and government officials to the Griffin Campus, assist incoming students at New Student Orientation, and talk with prospective students at a variety of campus events about the degree programs and opportunities available to them as UGA Griffin Campus students.
Ms. Faye Chatman, Program Director for the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at the Griffin Campus; Dr. Marianne Fortuna, Lecturer in the Terry College of Business' J.M. Tull School of Accounting; and Ms. Kathleen Freeman, Program Coordinator for the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at UGA-Griffin, serve as the group's faculty advisors.
Students who are interested in becoming an Ambassador should fill out a UGA-Griffin Ambassador Application.
Spring 2019 UGA Griffin Ambassadors
- Erin Kelley (President), Biological Sciences (BSA) and Interdisciplinary Studies/Psychology (AB), Griffin, GA
- Tyler Eck (Vice President and Secretary), General Business (BBA), Fayetteville, GA
- Alexander Studebaker (Assignment Coordinator), Microbiology (BS), Conyers, GA
- Avery Bray, General Business (BBA) and Consumer Economics (BSFCS), Williamson, GA
- Courtney Corley, Interdisciplinary Studies/Sociology (AB), Zebulon, GA
- Ashlyn Estenes, General Business (BBA), Griffin, GA
- Krishna Katuwal, Crop and Soil Sciences (PhD), Griffin, GA
- Takeisha Akakpo, General Business (BBA), Hampton, GA
- Courtney Lowe, Microbiology (BS), Griffin, GA